Tuesday 18 May 2010

Angel Art

Hello everyone, it's a gorgeous sunny day here today and much warmer at last so let's hope it decides to stay this time.
I have a card to share with you that I made for the current Ready Steady Stamp challenge which is to use these ingredients:
I really enjoyed doing this one as it gave me the chance to break out my lovely set of Oxford Impressions angel stamps which are fabulous quality and look like photos rather than a stamp.
I made the background paper by stamping Clearly Inspired Stencil Flowers roses in blue metallic pigment ink and embossing with Renaissance Aquatic embossing powder by Enchanted Creations. I then sponged Tumbled Glass Distress ink over the top. I stuck this to my card blank with a piece of embossed silver card from my stash and stuck white crochet lace and silver ribbon over the join.
I stamped the angel (isn't she cute!) on Judikins glossy coated paper in VersaFine Onyx Black and left her to dry. I made a background for her by applying Silver and Stream alcohol inks to acetate which I glued to white card. I put this on a mat of the silver card and then black paper trimmed with the Martha Stewart dot scallop punch. I glued the angel on.
I then inked a wooden heart (I could hear Elvis singing in my head whilst doing this lol) with silver Encore ink and then stamped roses on with blue and embossed with clear powder. The roses went a darker shade of silver when I did this.
I altered a slightly garish metal flower by dabbing on the alcohol inks to tone it down a bit and stuck this to a paper flower (Prima). I finished off by assembling the card as shown with a quote I found and loved which I stamped with the roses in turquoise ink to blend in more.

7 comments:

nefertiti said...

Lovely card ! great job!!bizz

Fiona said...

Blimey Fliss, can't believe the angel is stamped, it really does look like a photo. Love the acetate background, great job using all the 'ingredients'.

Fiona x
It's gone cloudy here already-1130!

Isabelle Norris said...

This is beautiful Fliss. Love the image too.
thanks for playing
isa

penny4thoughts said...

Really pretty piece! Love that OI photo stamp- she's perfect!!

Unknown said...

This is really pretty and so elegant , love the darling angel and your beautiful sentiment xxx

Sally H said...

Wow! Stunning card, Fliss! Love the colours and that angel is an amazing stamp.

paperscissors said...

that is the most amazing stamped image i have ever seen!!!! very artfully arranged details!