Saturday 29 May 2010

Flower Girl

Hello everyone, hope you're having a good weekend and that you've got better weather than we've had as it's been raining most of the day - typical Bank Holiday weather!
I'm here at last with my entry for this week's Sunday Stamper and Hels' theme is Ripped and Torn. Managed to finish it earlier but stopped to watch Dr Who which was a bit sad this week. I'm really enjoying the new series as Matt makes a great Dr to replace David Tennant who was my fave one ever. Any way, enough of that and here's what I made:
Sorry about the slightly wonky photo which I had to take in the sun lounge as it was the only place the light was good enough. I had to balance and try not to fall over the piles of bathroom tiles in there.
I made the background paper by stamping a flower from Crafty Notions Blossoms and Leaves all over in Versamark ink then embossing with clear powder. I rubbed Distress inks in Tumbled Glass, Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet and Scattered Straw over the top. I then tore all the edges.
I then tore the bottom of a piece of corrugated card and painted it in streaks of green, blue, white and copper. I stamped the butterfly from Crafty Notions Pansy stamp plate and painted it with Majestic Blue H20 paint.
I used one of my own vintage images from an old postcard and put this on a mat of coppery foil. If you like the image, you can download her via the Vintage Downloads label on my side bar, along with another vintage postcard.
I finished off with a greeting from Butterfly Kisses Art Collage clear stamp set.

9 comments:

Tracy said...

This is very pretty and I love your background.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Sally H said...

Wonderful card! I love what you have done with the crafty notions flower.That's a lovely combination of colours too! I've just been using the flower myself for a DT piece for Tuesday, after watching Dr Who!

cheryl said...

oh fliss this really is beautiful the image,style love everthing about it hugs cheryl xxxx

Fiona said...

Very pretty Fliss. Love the colours you've used in the background paper, great how you created it too.

Fiona x

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous card hun, thanks for joining in with the challenge x *whispers...it will be ok for the new one too ;o))*

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning Fliss! Love your pretty background! xx

Kim Dellow said...

She is stunning! Love the butterfly. Kim

Deborah said...

Love the resist embossing, works so well with that flower stamp. The whole effect is just gorgeous. I'm warming to Matt Smith too. Hopefully Rory will return in another dimension!

Claire Phillips said...

Love the background you have created Fliss - fab effect! Cheers Claire x