Tuesday 27 September 2011

A Contemplative Mood

Hello all and hope you've had a good start to the week. I wasn't actually going to do a post today but I came cross something (whilst looking for something else of course!) that I haven't yet put on here so I decided that today's the day to share it with you.
This is largely because I've been making samples with Nikky's gorgeous new mini CD, Pretty Sweet, which will be on Create and Craft on Friday and I'm now in a mood for making really pretty things so this is the perfect time to show you this little piece of artwork.


This started life as one of the chipboard pages from a Papermania bare elements chipboard album and I find these really useful for making little wall hanging pieces of artwork. They come in several different shapes with the holes already in them. I painted my scallop shaped piece with aqua acrylic paint and then stamped on flourishes from the Viva Decor My Paper World Floral Embellishments clear set (available from The Craft Barn) with Distress embossing ink and embossed with clear powder. I then painted over the top with the same colour for a subtle textured effect.
The paper I used is Papermania Rose Garden and I inked the edges of a square with pink ink and then added a double border of paper scraps. I double mounted the gorgeous lady from the Dezinaworld Spring Ladies collage sheet on contrasting card and added her together with some pink pearls.
To finish, I added a layered paper and fabric flower and knotted pink ribbon through the top.

I'd like to enter my wall art in the following challenges:
Stamp With Fun - Sketch

Cupcake Inspirations - Photo Inspiration

Creative Stamp Friends - Anything But A Card
My Craft Spot - Ribbon

Before I go, I'd like to welcome Rebekah to my blog. Lovely to see you and hope to get to know you soon.
Fliss xx

18 comments:

Irene said...

This is just gorgeous Fliss.
Irene x

Anonymous said...

Totally beautiful Fliss and thanks so much for adding it to the gallery, its lovely to read how you achieved the effects. I have to go to the hosp with dad soon but will pop back later
hugs June xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous piece, love the colours! Valerie

Brenda Brown said...

This really is pretty Fliss, gorgeous colours, design and image.
luv and hugs {brenda} xox

Anonymous said...

Fliss
I adore this for so many reasons other than it is beautifully made. Serena is special to me as she is associated with The Stampsmith who I design for and I also have that same image you used on the artwork on my Blog banner.
I never tire of this image whether it be a stamp or clip art.
You used her so beautifully!!
Wishes
Lynne

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful romantic card.

Joy said...

Great image and color combo ! Thanks for playing along with us this week at My Craft Spot !
Joy

Rene said...

What a lovely creation! Everything fit together so perfectly!
Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!
Rene :D

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh, Fliss, I LOVE this!!! It is so beautiful!!

XO
Cindy

lis-m said...

this is gorgeous , Fliss.. I love it ! totally stunning .
Hugs xx

Esther said...

Fliss this is so pretty...beautiful colours and perfect background for a gorgeous image..Esther xx

Whimsey said...

Very pretty - love those scallops!!

Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

Hugs,
Michele

Jacqueline said...

So lovely and pretty - Jacqueline xx

Sharon said...

What a gorgeous little hanging!!!

Kate said...

This really is pretty! The soft colours are lovely - and the image is beautiful!
Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Chris said...

love it, it would look fabulous in a shabby chic room.
thanks for playing with us at CIC.

Dolly Daydreams said...

Fliss this is heavenly I just adore that image and the way you have worked with soft romantic colour palette.

Marie

Sandra said...

How lovely is she xx