Monday 19 September 2011

Fetch A Sketch Challenge 7 - Guest Designer

Good morning everyone on a very chilly Monday. Hope you all had a lovely weekend too and are rested and ready for the week ahead. I'm teaching a class this morning and hopefully by the time this pops up I should be a great deal more ready for it than I was when I drafted this post!
This is my second and last challenge as guest designer for Ruth and Jenny of Fetch A Sketch and the sponsor for this one is our lovely Nikky of Polka Doodles. There's a really great sketch this time perfect for celebration or Christmas so without further ado, here it is:



As you can see. I chose to make a Christmas card and used digital stamps, embellishments and papers from the Magical Winter CD set which has loads of elements for Winter themed cards and of course, Christmas!
I covered a kraft card blank with the blue dotty paper and then added a torn strip with a dotty ribbon and bow.
I printed out the jolly snowman and the Merry Christmas bunting and coloured these with Promarkers. I made the scarf look woolly by colouring all over with a pale blue marker then adding dotted stripes with 2 darker shades of blue and 2 greens. I hope you like the effect.
I cut these out and assembled the card as you see. Simples!

Do pop over to the challenge blog to see all the gorgeous samples and details of the challenge prize which is sure to be fabulous!

I'm entering my card in the following challenges:
The Squirrel And The Fox - Anything Goes
Jingle Belles - Christmas including a digi
Crafty Ribbons - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
Paper Creations Ink - Buttons Or Bows

Thanks for looking and have a good week,
Fliss xx

21 comments:

Irene said...

Brilliant card Fliss, that's one cute snowman and love the Merry Christmas banner.Hope your class goes well.
Irene xx

Jacqueline said...

Lovely fun Christmas card - great snowman image - Jacqueline xx

Linda said...

This is such a funky card - I love it!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Squirrel & The Fox!!! Hope you'll join us again soon.

Linda :-)

Anonymous said...

Now this makes me want to smile :)
Wishes
Lynne

Tip Top said...

Eeek - I must have missed that bunting on the cd!! Great use of our sketch and thank you so much for being our Girl September!!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

So funny :)

Barbara said...

Fabulous card - the colorind and of course the motif, so cute!

Jenny said...

Such a fab card, Fliss! Love all of the details on it. The kraft works soooo well with the blue - I'd never have thought of that combo! Thanks so much for being part of the 'team' this month! x

Julia said...

Fliss, this card is gourgeous! great use of color and that bow is placed in the right spot. Lovely!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Creations Ink, Hugs, Julia

Deb said...

Beautiful card!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Have a great day, happy crafting, Debxx

Arts by Sara said...

Fliss... This is absolutely beautiful! I love the image and wow, it is all digital! Your colors are awesome! It's amazing how fast Christmas is coming, isn't it?! LOL! Thank You for joining us at Paper Creations Ink!! I hope you have a wonderful week! Happy Creating! Sara

Fiona said...

Lovely contemporary xmas card Fliss. Love the colours too, they are perfect together.

lauren bergold said...

oh wow! i ♥LOVE♥ this! what a great set of images and you've made them into such a fun and dynamic holiday card! so much texture, dimension and interest! (also a fabulous verison of that wonderful sketch!)

Unknown said...

Hi Fliss,
Aww hun this is an adorable card, what a cute image. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Ribbons this time. Good luck.
hugs
Dawn xx

La Vikinga said...

Hi Fliss; nice card and a lot of little flags!

Thanks for showing your take at the challenge at Crafty Ribbons!

La Vikinga

SmilynStef said...

That holiday bunting is just too fun ... and I love that great little snowman ... awesome job on the sketch too ... so glad you joined our jingle belles fun.

Enfys said...

I so love this little snowman, he looks just fab on this card,
hugs
En xx

Michele Spera said...

Wonderful Job!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Hugs
Michele S

Debbie said...

What a great card!! I am so impressed by the scarf!! I want to color like you when I grow up!! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Creation I Love your work and hope to see more of it

Thanks for Joining us atPaper Creations Ink

Kathy D. said...

I love this! I love what you did with the sketch. cute