Monday 12 September 2011

Fetch A Sketch Challenge 6 - Decoupage Fairy

I'm back with another post as today is the mid way in the Sketch 6 challenge over at Fetch A Sketch and you have nearly a week still to get your entries in.
Here's a reminder of the sketch:

Here's my card with uses Claire of Jellypark's cute decoupage fairy:


I printed out the fairy and cut out all the elements then layered them up with foam tape. I rubbed the back of the wings with a large embossing ball tool to give them a bit of shape then added the fairy to a circle of white card embossed with the Cuttlebug Paisley folder.
I chose a favourite paper, Basic Grey Lemonade and covered my card blank with a piece of floral paper having first rounded the corners. I added a layered central bar also with rounded corners. I finished off with a sentiment from Inkadinkado stamped on some of the patterned paper and cut out and some Prima flowers - I altered the colours to match with Promarkers - with button centres.

I'm entering my card in the following challenges:
Alphabet Challenge - P Is For Pretty Pastels
Totally Papercrafts - Cute With Buttons
Flutterby Wednesday - Anything Goes
My Mum's Craft Shop - Layer It Up

Thanks for looking,
Fliss xx

15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely card, the fairy is so pretty! Valerie

Jilly said...

I just impressed to watch the papers from this paper pad and your image is colored so perfectly. You have a magic touch. You give your cards such beautiful details.

I planed to create one for my sister.
osha first aid supplies

Anonymous said...

Hi Fliss, thanks for your lovely comment. its so good to be back. We now have the high winds here in the North east,so glad we missed them on holiday lol.
This is a stunning card,love your little fairy and the background is so pretty.
have a wonderful day my lovely friend
hugs June xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Fliss
Isn't this just adorable and makes me :)
The high winds are here and not fun at all. Didn't have any internet connection earlier on and likely to go at any time.
Wishes
Lynne

Tip Top said...

Such a pretty card - I really need to give the decoupage a go! Thank you so much for being our September Guest Designer! We really appreciate it!

Shelby said...

So very pretty! Love the layout and your colors choices...they work perfectly. Thanks for joining us at MMCS layer it up challenge.

Shelby

Becky Garrison said...

Lovely card, and that image is just too cute! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Alphabet Challenge Blog!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a lovely card, wonderful soft colors.

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

She is adorable. Great card you made!
Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercraft Challenge this week. Hope to see you back next week. Hugs Marion

Danni said...

Wonderful card! So very sweet! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Gerri Herbst said...

What a darling card Fliss...

Saskia said...

Gorgeous card Fliss!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

happyglitzygirl said...

Great card cute image, thanks for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge, blessings Hilde

Irene said...

Hi Fliss
Thanks for the lovely comment, it is much appreciated.Shirl really did enjoy having some extra unexpected days here, but keen to get home to hubby and the dog.Love the card,such a cute fairy with some lovely papers.
Irene x