Monday 26 September 2011

Fetch A Sketch Challenge 7 - Guest Designer

Good morning everyone on a rather dull and dark Monday, it looks like rain will be here soon but I do have a post a bit later that might cause you to bring out the sunglasses! Not this one though.
I'm here now with my last card for Fetch A Sketch as I've come to the last post as September's Guest Designer. I would like to thank Ruth and Jenny for having me as I've so enjoyed doing the challenges - I find sketches really help if you're a bit stuck for ideas and sometimes do this myself to start off the creative process.
The sponsor for this challenge is our lovely Nikky of Polka Doodles and there's a fabulous prize for the winner so do pop over for a peek.
Here's my card and there's a reminder of the sketch underneath.






My card features papers and a cute image from the brand new Polka Doodles mini CD, Pretty Sweet. The papers and elements on there are just that with yummy colours and designs with a vintage, shabby chic edge.
To add a little extra texture I printed out the pink and white paper on linen card and it really does give it a fabric like feel. I added this to a scalloped card blank as I decided to go for all over pretty!
I added the image to a plain mat of Bazzill card cut with a Papermania large rectangular scalloped die. I then added a border of pretty patchwork paper trimmed with pinking shears and made the bunting from the same paper by marking out the measurements on the white reverse and cutting it out with scissors.
I finished off with a pretty greeting from the CD and a lilac gingham bow.

I'm entering my card in the following challenges:
Aly's Sunday Challenge - Bows
Corrosive Challenges - Punches And/Or Dies
Paper Sundaes - Anything Goes
Our Craft Lounge - Patterned Papers

Have a good week.
Fliss xx

2 comments:

Shanna Shands said...

Cute birthday card. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Sundaes anything goes challenge.

Linda Palmer said...

This is such a pretty card. I love how you colored your image. Thanks for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge Blog. Hugs, Linda