Monday 3 March 2014

Hello Baby!

Morning all, hope you all had a lovely weekend and managed to fit in some crafting as I did.

 I also loved watching the semi final of the last ever series of Dancing On Ice (sob!) which I really love and I don't know if you saw it but I can tell you that it wasn't just the judges with tears in their eyes after watching Hayley and Dan with their amazing flying sequence - so romantic and beautiful.

Today sees the start of a new challenge over at Make My Monday and our hostess Jacqueline has chosen the theme of Babies.
My inspiration is a little different from the usual style of baby cards as I couldn't resist using another of my recently acquired Aurora Wings images as this particular baby elf is so cute.


I printed the image on to smooth cartridge paper and no surprise here, coloured him with Aquamarkers which are my current favourite colouring medium.
I made the background paper with a heart peg stamp by Judith which I bought from Stamp Addicts a while back. I stamped it with pink, yellow, blue and lilac inks and then when it was dry sponged Colorbox parchment ink over the top to soften the colours.
I added the image panel to mats of yellow, blue and pink then embossed a pink die cut heart with a Cuttlebug heart folder. I finished off with some wording cut from a Stamp It! alphabet stamp which I stamped on blue card.

Have a great day.
Hugs,
Fliss xx

3 comments:

brenda said...

Sweet card and what an effective background with the peg stamp Fliss, confess mine have not seen daylight in a long while.

B x

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card, love the colour combo. Hugs, Valerie

Deborah said...

Love the stamped heart background, Fliss.