Monday 24 March 2014

Mum's The Word

Good morning folks, I hope you all had lovely weekend. Mine was rather busy but sadly it involved an awful lot of washing! I have no idea how we managed to produce such a lot in just one week but it's all done now!
We have a new challenge for you today over at Make My Monday and with a certain day looming fast, the theme is For Mums. So it could be quite a few things such as a gift, a card etc. etc.
Sadly, my own dear Mum is no longer with us and I've made something foe my mother in law who is like a second mother to me and my card features something I know she loves.


I fell in love with this cute bunny from Just Inklined and as my mother in law loves rabbits, he's just perfect for her card.
I printed the image out on to smooth cartridge paper and then coloured it with Aquamarkers which you probably know are my favourite colouring medium at the moment.
I made a background paper by inking a square of watercolour paper with Distress inks (Shabby Shutters, Wild Honey, Crushed Olive and Dried Marigold). I then stamped a daisy from the Crafty Individuals Flower Heads Elements Set with VersaFine Spanish Moss ink all over. I then added a little more colour to some of the flowers with Tombow markers.

Have a great Day.
Hugs,
Fliss xx

Some challenges for my card:
Crafty Calendar - Animal Antics
Paper Creators Crafts - Spring Is In The Air
Come and Get It Challenges - Easter/Spring
Brown Sugar Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafts 4 Eternity - Anything Goes

13 comments:

Deborah said...

Aw, this is adorable, Fliss. The background is lovely. Your MIL is going to love it, I'm sure.

Valerie-Jael said...

A wonderful card, your Mum in law will love it! Hugs, Valerie

cheryl said...

Oh your mil will love this hun great image hugs cheryl xx

Anonymous said...

Fliss
A time of sadness for you but how touching that you created a card tailor-made for your MIL and what a cute rabbit, she will fall in love with this card.
Wishes
Lynne

Janice said...

What a lovely rabbit and a super card Fliss, very sweet indeed, Jx

Bunny said...

What a handsome Bunny, Fliss. I love that you made your background paper, too. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny- DT

Paper Profusion said...

Your MIL will love this Fliss - you've coloured the gorgeous image absolutely beautifully. Nicola x

Whimsey said...

Great card; nice coloring!

Thank you for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity!

~Michele, DT

Karen Petitt said...

Hi Fliss, just wanted to pop over and say thank you for the lovely comment you left on my caught in crystal card that I entered into That's Crafty challenge - so nice of you and I really appreciate it!

I don't normally go for digi stamps but now and again there is an image that I fall in love with. He/she is beautiful and you've coloured he/she beautifully too - might have to go buy him now! Have a good week x

Judy McKay said...

Pretty Bunny. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It Challenges this week. Judy DT

Rossella said...

Gorgeous card, beautifully coloured
Rosie x

Karen said...

Lovely card, cute image, thanks for sharing it with us in the brown sugar challenge

Jo said...

That'a a lovely card Fliss, a beautiful image! Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this time & good luck!
hugs Jo x