Thursday 10 December 2009

Angels Galore

This card was made using this week's sketch from Polka Doodles and was a work in progress when I received my fab DT news on Sunday. The theme on Hels Sheridan's Sunday Stamper is angels so I'm entering it in that one. If you haven't had a look at her work, do pop over as she has some fantastic artwork on there as well as the weekly challenge.

Ingredients Used:
Crafty Individuals Stamp CI-173 (flourish)
Crafty Individuals Stamp CI-258 (text)
Crafty Individuals Miniatures-Christmas
Ranger Distress Inks in Scattered Straw, Peeled Paint, Fired Brick, Broken China
Brilliance Pearlescent Poppy Ink
Black Dye Ink
I cut 4 x 4.5cm squares from textured card stamped twice with the text stamp in black dye ink. I sponged the squares with the Distress inks. I inked the edges of these and 5 angel images from the book of miniatures with black ink.
I cut a square of white card and trimmed the edges with scallop scissors then stamped the flourish design all over in the poppy ink. I stuck the decorated panel to a red card blank with the fold at the top and added the stamped squares and angel squares.

6 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous card hun, thanks for joinin in with the challenge x

Fiona said...

Lovely work and beautiful colours Fliss.
Fiona x

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Ohh, Fliss!!! This is the most beautiful thing I've seen on your blog so far.. and that's saying something, as there are some lovely things on here! Just gorgeous!

When I grow up, I want to craft like you.

Hugs,
Chris xx

Liz said...

Fliss thats news to me never knew you were on the team BIG congratltions! Well done and that project is brill

lizx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous colours and fabulous images. Absolutely love it Fliss!
Love, Sylvia xxx

Chris Arlington said...

I love the angels sheet and what you have done with it. Great work!