Saturday 12 December 2009

Songbird

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.  Before anything else, I want to say a big welcome and thanks to all my new recently joined followers. It's lovely to see you all.
I have a card here which I think fits 3 different challenges:
Papertake Weekly  with a theme of red or green must not be seen
Saturday Spotlight with a theme of music
Stampin for the Weekend with a colour theme of blue and brown

Ingredients Used:
Crafty Individuals Stamp CI-224
Magenta Cling Set CSET15
Clearly Inspired Stenciled Flowers MCS216
Music Background Stamp
VersaFine Vintage Sepia Ink
VersaColor Smoke Blue, Sky Blue and Lilac Inks
Neocolor 11 Watercolour Crayons in blue shades
Cream Card
The background paper for this card was made using my watercolour crayon technique and the blue crayons. Please click on the side label if you'd like full instructions on how to make this paper. I stamped the roses on in smoke blue, then sepia. This gives a lovely antique looking paper.
I stamped the bird design twice and inked one with the VersaColor inks. I cut just the bird from the second and stuck this on top of the coloured bird panel.
I stamped the music background in sepia and tore the edges. I then stamped the square floral design from the Magenta set in sepia down a long strip of cream card. I stamped the music text in sepia and cut out by hand the piece I wanted to use. I assembled the card as shown in the photo.

9 comments:

Rose said...

Beautiful card Fliss, I love it, gorgeous bird image and lovely combination of colours. Good luck in the challenges.

Also, big congratulations on your Polkadoodles DT post, you deserve it and I'm sure you'll have lots of fun!

Love, Rose xx

cheryl said...

oh fliss hun this is so beautiful what wonderful colurs and that stamp so love it hugs cheryl xxxx

Crystal said...

AWWW this is soooo wonderful!!!! I love your image and colors!!! The music behind him is just the PERFECT touch!!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Spotlight Saturday!!

brenda said...

Hi Fliss

Might be my second commnet, lost the first before I finished.

Love the colour and detail here.

B x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh this is so beautiful! I love your colors and the dp you used. So elegant. Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight!

Anonymous said...

Oh so pretty and fun!! I love your bird image and the musical background is just perfect!! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card ! I love this ,, the image and the torn manuscript look lovely, :-)

Thanks for joining the PTW Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x

Karina said...

Dear Fliss, occasionally I landed on your blog and love what I see her. You make wonderful artwork. Will come back from time to time to see what's new.

Perhaps you like to join my blog candy? http://creawitch.blogspot.com/2009/11/weihnachts-candy.html

Love from Switzerland
Karina

Nancy said...

Felicity, this is gorgeous:O) Love the cute image, and the Music Background is a brilliant touch, beautiful papers.
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
Nancy;O)