Thursday 7 February 2013

The Dance Of Life

Hello folks, hope you're having a good week so far. I'm here today with the first of quite a few projects you'll be seeing over the coming week which all feature hearts - no guesses why that is lol
Today's project is a shabby chic, vintage style card which uses some of my favourite colours for vintage creations - burgundy and beige with of course, loads of texture.


The main vintage image on my card is from a collage sheet called Dance by June of Dezinaworld - some of you may remember June's hacking problems of a while back which forced the closure of her online store but I'm very happy to say that she's now in the process of rebuilding the store which you can find HERE. Well worth a look as there are already some gorgeous collage sheets there.
I made a background paper using Glimmer Mists in Vintage Pink, Emperor Gold and Olive Vine on beige card and then stamped on the flower (from a set by Time To Stamp called Glamour Girls from the Craft Fairy) with Crimson Red and Spanish Moss VersaFine inks. I then die cut the heart shape with a large Go Kreate die set. I inked the edges with a burgundy VersaColor ink pad.
I embossed a square of beige parchment card with a Papermania embossing folder then distressed the edges with an emery board and my fingers. I did the same with a slightly larger square of burgundy textured card and layered these to my card blank with some beige rose patterned lace.
I printed out the roses (from a rose postcard - The Graphics Fairy) in 2 sizes and cut them out. I stamped the sentiment (Penny Black 3641F full of life) with the crimson ink on beige card and cut this out.
I assembled the card as you see using both double sided and foam tape for depth.

I'll be back tomorrow with my project for That's Crafty - cue more hearts!
Hugs, Fliss xx

Some challenges for my card:
Sugar Creek Hollow -  Romantic Love
Deep Ocean Challenge - Love and Lace
Top Tip Tuesday - Let Me Call You Sweetheart
Crafty Cardmakers - Vintage Love

17 comments:

Netty said...

Beautifully put together Fliss it would make an awesome Anniversary card. Annette x

Inkypinkycraft said...

A real sense of vintage romance trace x

ellyscard creatief said...

Lovely card Fliss.
Gr Elly

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

What a fabulous vintage card Fliss - the heart is so beautiful - I love how you create your wonderful backgrounds. The image and the Roses are gorgeous.
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Suzi B said...

Lovely card Fliss I love the image and the flowers on the gorgeous background... so romantic..
Suzi B xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card! Hugs, Valerie

Julie Reed said...

What a great Vintage Card, Beautifully put together and a lovely sentiment.
Thanks for joining us a CCM this week
Jules :)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful and very romantic card.

Chris said...

Hi Fliss! I love your card and the gorgeous vintage romance theme, such elegance and gorgeous colours too. Chris x

Paper Profusion said...

Beautifully vintage and romantic. Love the colour combination and all the elements - it makes for such a soft dreamy card.

Mynn xx said...

Oh my gosh, Fliss, this is gorgeous! LOVE that vintage image and the sentiment is just so sweet! Thanks for joining us at CCM! :)

Daniele said...

totally gorgeous Fliss, love the fussy cut flowers, thanks for joining us at SCH
hugs

Viv said...

Beautiful card Fliss - thanks for joining in over at Crafty Cardmakers this time and Good Luck!

Feebsy said...

A beautiful csrd. The main image is gorgeous and I love your colour choice a perfect vintage creation.


Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Feebsy
xx

Annette said...

This is beautiful Fliss, the image is so elegant.
Annette
Netty's Cards
Proud to design for Top Tip Tuesday.
xx


Kylie said...

This is just lovely! Beautifully vintage. Thanks so much for playing along at CCM! xx

J said...

What a lovely romantic card... thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Jackie