Monday 19 January 2015

20th Century Style

Hello all, I'm slightly late with my post for the new challenge at Make My Monday this week as the light went before I could take my photo and then the scanner wouldn't work!
This week the theme chosen by Marina is Twentieth Century Style and for my inspiration I've gone back to the 1960s with a retro scooter which should be familiar to anyone (not me I might add!) who remembers the Mods and Rockers.


The stamp was in a retro set that came with a Get Stamping magazine a while back and I stamped it with Archival Jet Black ink and coloured the image with Promarkers. I trimmed the image to a panel and added a turquois mat.
I found the chevron paper after an internet search as I knew I wanted a chevron pattern and I didn't have anything to fit. I printed it out and cut a strip to fit the card blank.
I added the scooter panel to the card and finished off with the text from the stamp set, stamped directly on the card with the black ink.

Have a great week.
Fliss xx

7 comments:

Fiona said...

Love your scooter Fliss. Perhaps a Lambretta or Vespa? Didn't the mods and rockers meet up down your way and have punch-ups on the sea front?
The chevron paper really finishes it of perfectly...well worth the search.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your card, reminds me of happy days in the sixties, buzzing about on my Lambretta! Hugs, Valerie

brenda said...

The colours are design compliment the scooter era perfectly Fliss.

I have memories of hearing my parents talk about those "awful mods an rockers" creating havoc on bank holidays, mind you I doubt very much they actually knew any of them on which to base their comments.

B x

Suzi B said...

Fabulous Fliss what a great idea.... I have this set and have used that scooter for a friends sister who still has her scooter!
Suzi B xx
By the way ....... I was a mod!

Jacqueline said...

Love all the colours on this Fliss - a gorgeous card - Jacqueline xx

Joan said...

Fun card!!! I love the scooter and the bright colors you used!

Marina said...

Great choice of era! Love the bright colours and the chevrons.