Monday 5 January 2015

New Beginnings At Make My Monday

Hello there, I hope you all had a good weekend and managed to be a bit creative as I did. By the time this pops up I shall be back at work, not something I'm looking forward to having being off since Christmas Eve - groan!
Today sees the first challenge of 2015 over at Make My Monday and Jacqueline has chosen New Beginnings as the theme. I've gone a bit outside the box here inspired by some quotes I saw on Pinterest and I hope you like what I came up with.


I've done a little trick you might find useful here as I didn't have a stamp with the text I wanted to use so I had to get a bit creative.
What I did was to ink up part of an A4 sheet of card using Distress inks applied to a 15cm square acrylic block. I used Crushed Olive, Squeezed Lemonade, Spun Sugar and Stormy Sky with a tiny swipe on the pink area with Picked Raspberry. I was thinking of the soft glow you sometimes get at the sun starts to rise. I dried it well with a heat gun and then ironed it flat with a dry iron.
I then typed the text in a Word document, checking the placement by first printing out on to plain paper. When I was happy with the positioning, I put my inked card in the manual feeder and printed the text onto it.
I trimmed the card to a panel to fit my square card blank and then stamped the meadow silhouette from a free Indigo Blu set which came with a magazine using Archival Jet Black ink. I stamped a tiny butterfly from the Crafty Individuals Elements Butterflies set with the same ink and coloured it with A Tombow marker.
I added the panel to a cream card blank and there it was - a clean and simple card! I didn't feel it needed anything else and hope you agree.

Have a great day and a good week.
Fliss xx

Some challenges for my card:
Quirky Crafts Challenge - Clean and Simple (hope it's CAS enough ladies)
Natalie and Amy  All Things New
Crafter's Cafe  New
Pink Gem  Something New
Crafty Calendar  What's New

10 comments:

brenda said...

Happy New Year Fliss and what a beauty of a card to kick start the year.

B x

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful card, love those delicate colours. Hugs, Valerie

Suzi B said...

Fabulous card Fliss, love the delicate colours and what a great reminder in these dark winter months of what is to come
Suzi B xx

Joan said...

Lovely fresh colours and a lovely quote

Jacqueline said...

A stunning card Fliss - great ink work - Jacqueline xx

Deborah said...

Love the dreamy quality of the sky, Fliss. I forgot about using an acrylic block - wish I'd done that with my blue card! Hope work wasn't too much of a shock :-)

Julia S-W said...

This is so lovely Fliss and I really like the idea of printing the text straight onto your card. Love how you've added the colours to your block too.
Juliaxx
PS Do you have a 'follow me by email' button? I did look but either missed it or you don't have one! I'm trying to be a better visitor and it makes it so easy when a reminder pops up in your inbox! x

Julia S-W said...

Me again. Well done you. I do find it helps but I haven't been doing it long! Off to sign up for you :) x

Astrid Maclean said...

Beautiful make Fliss, a great theme and a beautiful interpretation! Love the delicate colours in the background!

Sorry I have not been around much lately but wishing you all the very best for the coming year!!
xxx

Marina said...

Love your text technique - brave, really, as I would be scared it would jam. Beautiful, atmospheric card.