Monday 1 June 2015

The Only Way Is Up!

Hello everyone, I hope you all had a lovely weekend. It's been freezing down here in the South and I can't believe today is June! Hope Summer makes an appearance very soon!
Today we have a new challenge for you over at Make My Monday and this week Marina has given us a picture as inspiration and you can make whatever it inspires such as the colours, the sea, the balloons etc etc.




As you see I've made a very simple card for my inspiration using a very sweet image from Mo's Digital Pencil which I printed out on to smooth cartridge paper which has to be my go to paper for most things. I coloured the image with my few Copic pens and confess I managed to mess up the colouring of the balloon as I really struggle with larger areas. This is why the balloon is now paper pieced! I printed it on to a piece of Polka Doodles dotty paper from the Sugarplum Daisy CD.
I then simply added mats of purple and lilac before attaching to the card blank and finished off with a text sticker from the Tim Holtz Small Talk book.

Thanks for looking and see you later on this week.
Hugs,
Fliss xx

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your card, what a sweet image you have used! Hugs, Valerie

brenda said...

Freezing here as well Fliss and they promised 28 deg this week but having trouble believing them so far.

You card today had a lovely light and airy feel to it.

B x

Suzi B said...

Love this fun, bright card Fliss, also lurve the spotty balloon.

Suzi B xx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Fab card Fliss,really sweet image. I struggle with large areas too, not a lover of those massive stamps because of that!
Big hugs
Donna xxx

Joan said...

Fun, fun card!! Love the cute image!

Amanda said...

Great cute card Fliss, love that image.
Love
Amanda x

Marina said...

It may have started as a mistake but I really think the spotty balloon elevates the card - I love it!