Friday 22 July 2016

Birds of a Feather

Hello again and welcome to my inspiration for our new challenge at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog where for the next fortnight, our theme is Birds of a Feather and I'm sure you can guess how much I love this one!


I chose to fill another page in my A5 size journal as I've been itching to ink up my new Carabelle Studio image - it's called Un Oiseau sur mon Journal so how could I resist!

My bacground is made with Distress inks - Squeezed Lemonade and Salty Ocean - which I swiped on the page having first brushed on water so that I could achieve slightly softer colours. I then used several Dinky Stencils - Distressed Harlequin, Chevron Background and Punchinella with Squeezed Lemonade, Spun Sugar and Cracked Pistachio DIs to add a random pattern.

I stamped the bird image on my page with Archival Watering Can ink and added some colour with watercolour pencils. I then added further stamping with the same ink with some more Carabelle Studio stamps - my absolute favourite Journal du Jour, the star border from Taches et Background and the lovely text from Every Bird. I carried on until I was happy with the layered effect.

I hope you can enter as there's a prize of a voucher for the online shop for the randomly drawn winner and the array of goodies in the shop is just amazing!

Have a great day and a lovely weekend.
Fliss xx

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page and a lovely theme for the challenge. Hugs, Valerie
Have a nice weekend!

Amanda said...

Lovely page Fliss, I might have to get myself this stamp.
Love
Amanda x

theboelemas@aol.com said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love the colours and that stamp. Have a fab weekend. Claire x

Deborah Wainwright said...

Loving that background FLiss, perfect to showcase that gorgeous bird xx

Dana Tatar said...

I love birds! The fun colors and patterns on this page are fantastic!

Mrs.B said...

Lovely page Fliss, it's a gorgeous image.
Avril xx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Gorgeous page Fliss, that bird is beautiful
Hugs
Donna xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

So pretty. Great placement. The bird really shines. Lx

Moira said...

Beautiful