Monday 4 July 2016

Happy 4th July My USA Friends!

Hello everyone, I hope you all had a lovely weekend and I'd like to wish any of my USA friends that see this a very Happy Independence Day!
My weekend included an emergency trip to London to pick up my elder one and computer for a dash to the Apple store in Kingston to drop off the iMac for fixing. Rather unexpected as we had planned a trip to Guildford instead as it was our Wedding Anniversary last weekend. I think we'll be doing that trip in a couple of weeks time now!
We have a new challenge today over at Make My Monday with the theme of Explode! chosen by Shawna as today is the 4th July. There are several ways you could interpret this theme but you'll need to hop on over to the Challenge Blog for all the details.
I have to admit to having struggled a bit with this one so I hope you like what I eventually came up with.


A lot of head scratching went on as I wanted to go the firework route but don't have any stamps to fit. I found the firework background via Google (what would we do without it!) and printed it out on white card.
I then stamped the skyline image (Art Impressions) over the top with Archival Jet Black ink and added the Tim Holtz Crazy Talk text underneath. I added a mat of red metallic card for contrast and assembled the panels on a white square card blank - ta dah!

Have a great day and a lovely week and see you soon.
Fliss xx

2 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic card and very suitable for July 4th! Have a good week, hugs, Valerie

brenda said...

This is such fun Fliss and perfect for 4th July - admit I often fine useful things on Google when I'm struggling.

B x