Friday 27 October 2017

Forever Floral at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog

Hello everyone, I'm now back from my trip to stay with my daughter in London. We had a lovely if rather tiring time as we did a whistlestop tour of quite a few of the attractions that despite living in the UK our whole lives, we'd never managed to see.
There are some pics on my next post for those of you who didn't see them on Facebook but first the actual reason for this post which is to show you my inspiration for our new challenge today at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog which has the theme of Forever Floral so flowers are the order of the day.


I've created a mixed media postcard for the challenge, starting off with a rounded corner white/greyboard postcard which I spread with a thin layer of texture paste then drew on a rough stripe pattern with an old store card.
When the paste was dry, I roughly brushed on several shades of That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paint - Teal, White, Green and Yellow. I used more teal at the top and more green at the bottom. When the paint was dry, I swiped on some Fern Green Archival ink on the raised areas to resemble grass.
I next used the script stamp (from Textures Collection Set 1 by That's Crafty!) without a mount to add a pattern across the bottom half. I brushed some diluted green roughly on the grass area and some diluted Metallic Antique Gold in various places.
I painted the poppy and butterfly Bits and Pieces Greyboard Embellishments with Multi Surface Paints after scoring with a fine embossing tool to add detail. Once the paint was dry, I added more detail with pigment pencils.
I brushed a little diluted gold over the painted greyboard elements to add a glazed finish then glued them on the postcard with silicone glue.
I finished off with part of the text from one of the gorgeous quotes on Lynne's Affirmations Set 6 which I stamped with Archival Fern Green on a scrap of mixed media paper washed with leftover green paint.

There's a great prize for the randomly drawn winner of a voucher for the online shop and all you have to do to be in with a chance is enter.
Hope to see you there!
Fliss xx

7 comments:

Melina Dahl Minas kreativa said...

Beautiful card😍

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous postcard, love the colours. Glad you enjoyed London, it is a wonderful place. Hugs, Valerie

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

This is just yummy Fliss, loving that background too. Sounds like you had a great time in London too, well deserved :)
hugs
Donna xx

Dorthe said...

Such beautiful a card ,-so love the background, and your stamped script across the bottom, it almost look as if your grasses have seeds on them , :-) very lovely. Also I so admire the details in your wonderful flowers Fliss, really gorgeous.
Hugs, Dorthe, Xx

Amanda said...

beautiful Fliss
Love
Amanda x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A beautiful background to rest your Poppies, love how you have swiped the ink to create blades of grass. The script stamp adds depth with a hidden meaning. Your delicately painted Poppies are the perfect addition to your postcard Fliss. A beautiful display.
Bug Hugs Tracey xx

Words and Pictures said...

Love the textures and the muted natural colour palette - great postcard.
Alison x