Sunday 1 October 2017

I Must Always Have Flowers

Hello everyone, Happy Sunday to you all!

I want to share the first bit of hand painting that I've done in an absolute age which is a page in my A5 art journal as I need to practice before putting paint to canvas. I decided on flowers inspired by one of the beautiful quotes on Alison's (of Words and Pictures) first issue of stamps for Paper Artsy which I've only just had the time to ink up.





The colour is a bit off as you can't see the shimmer on my page which I painted by swiping with buttermilk and gold paint applied with an old store card.
I then painted on rough flower shapes (circles surrounded by circles with white gesso. When this was dry, I went a bit mad, free painting with several shades of pink and purple, adding in some orange for the centres and a touch of lime green.
Once everything was dry, I used charcoal shimmer paint to add some detail and make the flowers pop. They're a bit wonky and I think I need more practice!
I finished off by stencilling on a pattern with bronze paint and stamping on my chosen quote with Archival watering can ink.

I used:
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Metallic Bronze Paint (my absolute favourite!)
That's Crafty! Metallic Gold Paint
That's Crafty! Charcoal Shimmer Paint
That's Crafty Dinky Stencil - TC068 Decorative Background
Paper Artsy Eclectica EAB01 by Alison Bomber

Have a lovely Sunday and see you again soon.
Fliss xx

6 comments:

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Really lovely x

Dorthe said...

So beautiful Fliss, I find it so difficult to paint flowers or things, and to give them a 3-d look, --but you mastered that here.Such wonderful colors , too , and I also love Alisons quote.
Hugs, Dorthe, xx

Bev Hilton said...

Looks great Fliss. Flowers look soft and delicate. Great colour combo.
Bev. xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Your flowers are so delightful Fliss and the hidden shimmer makes your page even more alluring. Such a peaceful past time. I hope to see a canvas in full bloom before long.
Hugs Tracey xx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

So sorry Fliss, I thought I’d left you a comment already, lucky I checked back!! This is just gorgeous, beautiful soft colours and those flowers are divine
Hugs
Donna xx

Words and Pictures said...

Your gentle flowers are so pretty.
Alison x