Friday 5 April 2019

Floral Bouquet Mixed Media Collage

Hello again, I've finally finished a mixed media piece of artwork started a couple of weeks ago which is on a floral theme and I hope you like the results.


The finished piece is above and there are pics below showing how it all came together with a short bit of what I did to get the effects.


My substrate for this is one of the MDF uprights by That's Crafty! and I love the shaped top of this one. I first gave the surface a coat of gesso then scraped on both texture paste and sand texture paste. I followed this with texture paste through the 7 x 7 allsorts stencil, mostly just down the central area. I then mixed gritty bitz with texture paste and scraped this on roughly in the corners and a little down the centre. I left it to dry thoroughly.


I then went to town with ink sprays, using sage and blackberry flat matte sprays, followed by lilac and lime lustre sprays. When dry, I brushed on a small amount of rose gold metallic multi surface paint and interference lilac. I glued the top to the base and then treated the base in the same way with the texture pastes, gritty bitz and sprays. I painted all the edges rose gold. There are close-ups below of the top and base.





For my floral bouquet, I stamped the rose image from the textures collection stamp set 3 on cartridge paper with VersaFine Imperial Purple ink, stamping 6 times. I coloured the flowers with sprays and markers and when dry, cut out 3 whole flowers and 3 centres then sprizted the back with water (so the front colour didn't run) and crumpled them up, pulling them out and gluing them together to make lovely 3D shabby roses.

I stamped the leaf from the same set on ink spray overflow paper (happily green) with VersaFine Spanish Moss ink and heat embossed them with clear powder. I also stamped one of the flowers from the flowers collection set 2 several times with the purple ink and again heat embossed. This particular one is rather like lavender so I coloured it as such and cut them out.

I assembled my bouquet as you see, adding the elements with silicone glue for dimension and finished off with my chosen text from my fanciful flowers set 2 which I separated out into pieces like plant tags after stamping on lilac spray overflow paper with the purple ink.

I'd like to enter this in the current Craft Stamper Take Make It Challenge for April as I finished my bouquet at just the right time!

Back again soon.
Fliss xx

2 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful piece Fliss. Hugs, Valerie

Dorthe said...

Oh this is such a gorgeous creation. The background with
texture and sand paste is amazing , both before and after spraying with the beautiful tones you used and the rosegold .
The flowers are beautiful painted and made alive in different shades -such a stunning project Fliss. <3 <3 xxx