Friday 27 March 2020

Feelin' Groovy Baby!

Hello, hope you're all ok and managing to stay positive and cheerful in spite of all that's happening in the world at the moment.

Everything feels rather strange like a row of Saturdays and Sundays and going to the supermarket really is an ordeal! I did my usual weekly shop yesterday and we all had to queue around the outer edges of the huge carpark, 2 metres apart to enter the store. That took around half an hour as the queue was so long but when you actually got in the store it was a different story with quite a few people getting much closer than they were supposed to as they were so eager to grab the food! I mentioned this on the way out and was told they were now limiting the number of people in the store  as they seemed to have under estimated the length of time it took to do the shopping and pay.

It wasn't all bad though as the elderly man in front of me at the checkout had what I though was a walking stick in his hand but when he put it on his trolley I saw it was a riding crop!!! I nearly asked if it was to warn people away from him but thought better of it lol

I have my usual Friday post up over at That's Crafty! blog and this week I'm sharing a rather funky art journal spread with a retro vibe that I created for the last Hochanda shows.


You'll find all the details over at the blog.

Keep calm and keep on crafting and see you soon.
Fliss x

4 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Shopping sounds difficult. Nathalie went for me and said the same things, that the people inside all came to near. Some either never learn or quickly forget. Love your arty piece, just beautiful. Stay safe, hugs, Valerie

brenda said...

Sounds like a nightmare trip to the shops Fliss, did the gent in front have his horse tethered outside I wonder? The do have their uses though, you'll find one in several rooms in this house - I should add that's only because people leave then laying around!!

Great mix of bright and cheery colours today and the black pops beautifully.

B x

Sue said...

I love your journal Fliss, your lady looks very at home here. Shopping is a bit of a nightmare at the moment isn't it, but it's amazing what you can live without now. Take care, Sue xx

Words and Pictures said...

Great to see another page in the round journal - the background is definitely groovy and I love her red hair. It's strange, isn't it, when even shopping becomes an adventure?!
Alison x