Wednesday 25 March 2020

Art Journaling Day

Hello, I hope you're all coping in the current very difficult circumstances and surviving isolation if you have to do that. We're now on lockdown here in the UK and it's been difficult already as I've been doing financial things over the last couple of weeks as I'm the accounts and financial manager for my hubby's partnership which if you didn't know is an architectural business.

It's not just the shops suffering from lack of income as the business has lots of fees outstanding and no-one is paying them! This makes it so hard as we obviously can't pay our bills so we're scrambling around trying to find out what to do!

I have a couple of art journal spreads to share, one of which was my That's Crafty! post for last Friday and is very topical as is the other which shows how nature is so important to me although at the moment, the nearest I'll get is my garden! I think by the time the virus issue is over it might look a lot better than it does now.




This second is my nature refuge one.




This one has an ink spray beackground which I misted first using a stencil with walnut flat matte spray, flipping the stencil over and pressing the inky side on the other page. I followed this with the same stencil and aqua flat matte spray, flipping the stencil over again and repeating the previous step.

I stamped Alexa's gorgeous face on the right hand page with black ink, colouring her hair, eyes and lips with the amazing new satin inks from That's Crafty! I coloured her face with Prima watercolour pencils.

I stamped the trees (by Lynne Moncrieff) and mushrooms (by Melina Dahl) on the left hand page with dark brown ink, colouring the mushrooms with pencils and adding blossom to the trees by dotting with white, light pink and magenta multi surface paints until I was happy with the effect.

I then stamped the flower from the Alexa's face set directly on the pages with the same ink and coloured them with orange satin ink. I finished off with one of Lynne's fabulous affirmations from the trees set I used which I stamped on a scrap of ink spray overflow paper.

Have a great rest of the week and stay safe and well.

Fliss x

4 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your beautiful art and coins, just beautiful. Sorry the crisis is causing you monetary problems, too, that's hard. Hope it soon gets solved. Stay safe, hugs, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

wow Fliss, these are just as stunning as they can get...hope you settle soon.xx

Words and Pictures said...

Thanks so much for your visit and comments, Fliss - glad you're finding some creative time even amongst the chaos of this crisis. It's going to be extremely dodgy financially for millions of us - I don't suppose it helps, but at least you're not alone in the troubles.

Both these page spreads are lovely. The round journal is so cool as a shape, and the colours are so vivid and eye-catching - I'll check out the post at TC too. You won't be surprised to learn that the nature pages are my favourites though. Wonderful background inkiness and those blossoming trees are glorious - perfect springtime celebration. Stay safe.
Alison x

Sue said...

These are so beautiful Fliss, I love your strong woman, and your nature piece is stunning, what a wonderful combination of stamps. I hope things work out ok for your husband's accounts, it must be a nightmare for you. Take care and stay safe, Sue xx