Friday 1 May 2020

Back Again!

Hello everyone, apologies for being missing over the last few weeks. I've been having a very stressful time dealing with the furloughing of some of Andy's staff who ran out of work and no more had come in to give them due to the ongoing pandemic.
I've had to do webinars with our payroll software provider and do a lot of reading up via the HMRC website and various other sources on how to deal with the Job Retention Scheme and calculate what can be paid to the staff and reclaim.
It's lucky I checked the calculations on the HMRC calculator before finishing the payroll as I discovered the payroll software was not using the right calculation method so I had to try and find out if they were going to sort it out. There were lots of complaints from other users but no explanation forthcoming so in the end I amended the figures to agree to HMRC's before making the claim. I was glad I did as they paid the grant in 3 days!
Our payroll provider said today that we would have to amend the figures to make them agree to HMRC's which is what I suspected as I couldn't see any other way of getting them correct due to the way the payroll usually calculates pay. I don't want to change providers as their accounting software is very good so I guess we're stuck with it!

Anyway enough whinging and on to much happier things as I've been crafting to keep me sane so here are some of my recent creations:


A tutorial for the following 4 floral note cards can be found on That's Crafty! blog by clicking HERE












Hope you like these and I should be round to catch up over the weekend as I have mostly finished with my payroll and accounting duties for the moment - luckily doing what I do, I'm the only one that won't get furloughed as someone has to work out what to pay everyone else!!!

Stay safe and well,
Fliss xx

4 comments:

brenda said...

My you have been bust one way or another Fliss and pleased you got in some crafting, very hard to pick a favourite but I am rather drawn to the Tulip card and the intensity of the green background.

B x

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful art, bit that business at work sounds more than complicated, that would not be my cup of tea! Have a good weekend, stay safe, hugs, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning cards Fliss, I have some of these stamps and will view the tutorials too, inspiration never goes astray especially from you..hugs.xx

Sue said...

What beautiful cards Fliss, so full of lovely Spring colours. I hope you done have to do anymore payroll for a while. Take care and have a great week, Sue xx