Saturday 26 September 2020

A Return To Vintage - Raspberry Beret

 Hello again!

I managed to snatch a bit of much needed creative time just for me this weekend as I'd been looking for something and found something unexpected instead. As I've recently been working with the new small elements stamp sets and new stencils some of which are vintage in style and they're just perfect for the stamps I unearthed. I've had them all for ages and just had to play.


I stamped them all out first using VersaFine Clair inks in shades of brown, using smooth white stamping card that I got as a bargain from Hochanda a while back.


I had some inner panels spare from the frame shrines that I got to play with when Kelly's Steampunk Darlings stamps came out, so decided to use one of those. I painted it with chestnut brown multi surface paint and once dry gave it a coat of crackle glaze. Once it was mostly dry I over-painted it with a shade I mixed from several shades of multi surface paint - I used light pink, adding a little orange and magenta to produce a dusky vintage pink. As you can see, The crackle that came out was amazing!


The next step was to add some stencilled texture paste so I coloured the paste with some chestnut brown paint andd then used the gorgeous damask stencil to add a pattern in opposite corners. As it came out lighter than I expected, I lightly tapped the fully dry raised pattern with a dark brown ink and then heat embossed the pattern with clear powder.


I took my chosen stamped image and trimmed around the edges leaving quite a border. I wanted her to fit an MDF atc so left enough room round the image to add her to that with a frame on top. I stamped the frame with an image from the elements set above working my way round with brown ink and heat embossed the frame with gold embossing powder.

 
 
As you can see, she has a raspberry beret which I couldn't resist as that's one of my favourite songs from Prince - are you singing?
 
I then created some embellishments with craftyboard lace which I coloured lightly with Antique Linen oxide ink and then sponged with a touch of brown for a vintage look. I also stamped some MDF inchies with some of the images from the set and heat embossed these with gold powder. The colour's a bit off in the photo as they look brown but are actually gold!
 

 
I then assembled my collage using a mix of silicone and multi purpose adhesive and finished off with some text stamped with brown ink, heat embossed and trimmed into shape to fit.



I hope you like her and there will be more to follow once I get a bit more time to play.

See you soon,

Fliss x


4 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous piece Fliss, love the crackle, and the new stamps are great! Have a lovely Sunday, stay well! Hugs, Valerie

Words and Pictures said...

Yup, I'm singing... What a fabulous piece - love the crackle, love the image (great stamps all round), love the raspberry beret!
Alison x

Sue said...

Fliss these are fabulous, the laughing lady was one of the first stamps that I bought and it's still one of my favourites. We really should use our old stamps more often rather than just move on to the next big thing. It's great that you've been able to combine the old with the new. Take care and have a very happy month, Sue xx

Craftychris said...

I absolutely adore this! Its so cool as well as being gorgeous and textural too. Love that image and all the others you found. Take care and stay safe xxx