Wednesday 21 February 2018

Midway Inspiration for I Heart You Challenge

Hello everyone, I hope you're all having a good week and managing to get some crafting done as I am. I'm also doing meals on wheels as my father in law finally had his first cataract op on Monday so I'm cooking their lunch for a few days until his eyesight has settled down.
I have my midway inspiration to share today as we're now half way through our I Heart You Challenge over at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog.
I've made a tag with a bit of a story as believe it or not, it started out purple and pink! This step went totally wrong so I added layers and it ended up red and golden yellow.


As you can see, it seems to have a rather flaming heart look which was totally accidental. After my attempt with the purple and pink overlayer (this didn't work as the magenta was rather too translucent and went a really odd colour), I glued pieces of crinkled tissue paper stamped with script in red over the top on the top right and bottom left sides.
I used the Dinky hearts stencil with texture paste to add a pattern in opposite corners and when the paste was dry, glued crinkled tissue paper over the top.
I painted over the top of the entire tag with mustard yellow multi surface paint which is translucent enough to allow the under layer of red stamped script to show through. I then replaced the hearts stencil over the raised areas again and sponged Fired Brick oxide ink on the hearts. I let this dry a little and added another coat, giving a lovely soft look to the pattern.
I covered an mdf heart with crinkled tissue paper and when it was dry, painted over the top with bright red and magenta multi surface paints. I then stamped on the lovely rose with Versafine Crimson Red ink.
I stamped the stitching with the same red ink, sort of following the edges of the glued on tissue paper and then glued some felting wool in shades of red, pink and pale grey, adding the heart over the top with silicone glue. This was where the serendipity struck as I moved back after gluing the heart in place and realised the fibres at the top look a bit like flames!
I rubbed a little red oxide ink around the edges to soften the look and finished off with the Tim Holtz Clippings sticker.

Materials:
That's Crafty! Surfaces White/Greyboard Panel, 4.5 x 9
That's Crafty! Surfaces MDF Heart Size 5
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Sets - Textures Collection Set 3, Donna's Girls Collection Claire
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paint - Bright Red, Magenta, Mustard Yellow
That's Crafty! Texture Paste
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencil TC038 Hearts
Ranger Tim Holtz Oxide Ink - Fired Brick
Versafine Crimson Red Ink
Tim Holtz Clippings Stickers
White Tissue Paper

Have a great rest of week and see you soon - very exciting happenings next week that I can't wait to share with you!
Fliss xx

7 comments:

brenda said...

Accidental or not Fliss, the end result is gorgeous, I love the intensity of colour against the subtle background.

B x

Dorthe said...

I say the same Fliss, it couldn`t be more fantastic, that this....
your heart with the stamped rose so very beautiful, with the fibers stuck under, and the paler stenciled hearts behind.
Such a gorgeous creation.
Hugs , Dorthe- xoxoxo

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful tag, love the rich colours. Hugs, Valerie

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Love your heart Fliss it really looks fiery too. Hmmm wonder what the excitement next week could be......
hugs
Donna xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

The yellow hue on your background gives a fabulous contrast against the rich colours upon your heart. I love those fibres under your focal heart, reminds me of wool roving and gives a great effect.
Hugs Tracey xx

Sue said...

I love this Fliss and I think it looks fabulous in these colours xx

Craftychris said...

It ended up totally awesome! The colours and the felt make it so dramatic - it's stunning! xxx