Saturday 14 April 2018

Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge April 2018

It's been an absolute age since I've created anything for a challenge due to various issues which have taken up a lot of my time. A New Year resolution was to try and remedy that so as I had a large number of flowers in my stash to be used box (pic below if you didn't see them when I first did them), I made another card following on from yesterday's offering for That's Crafty! Blog as I'm still on rather a high after the Hochanda shows and if you caught them, you might just have seen my floral wreath which was made from some of the big heap of flowers below.
Spring is finally in the air so I made this card to celebrate in pretty blossom shades as the trees are at last starting to bloom.


My flowers were stamped on gelli prints after I had a long session making quite a few with muted prints which I love for stamping flowers and leaves on as it saves on having to colour them! Here's my finished haul below!


I shaped a couple of whole flowers made from my stamps for That's Crafty! (link in my side bar if you're interested) plus a couple of centre parts and the rounded centre in green. I layered these up with dimensional glue and shaped some leaves to go with them in a fresh green shade.
My background paper was a ghost gelli print, made from cleaning the plate after making a green and a pink print where I used a jar lid to make a circular pattern. It turned out a pretty soft green, perfect for my card. I cut a piece to fit my 5 x 7 kraft card blank and distressed the edges with an emery board. I then stamped on the stitching from Donna's Claire stamp set from her Donna's Girls Collection for That's Crafty! (she gave it to me as a gift too, thanks Donna!) using Fern Green Archival ink, adding the quote from my Fanciful Flowers Set 2 stamps with the same ink.
I glued on the background paper and added the layered flower and leaves with more dimensional glue to finish.

I'd like to enter the Craft Stamper Challenge for April with my card and hopefully will enter more from now on.

Hope you're all having a great weekend and enjoying the sunshine if you have it.
Fliss xx

5 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Your flowers are just lovely, Fliss - huge congratulations on the stamps, which I'm afraid I'm only just catching up to the news of. They look amazing all piled up ready to play, and the card is so pretty.
Alison x

Dorthe said...

Congratulation again dear Fliss, your stamps and your art, together with the other DT"sisters" art using your stamps, were all amazing- and I enjoyed both shows.
Your flower looks so gorgeous on the lovely soft background, with the stitch stencil used, too- love the colors you chose for the flower .
Wishing you luck with the challenge , dear - and hope your Sunday has been lovely .
Hugs from Dorthe, xxx

Sue said...

Your card is a beauty Fliss, the flowers look fabulous in these colours, though I don't envy you the amount of fussy cutting you must have had. I really like this stitched border too, it all works perfectly together. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

brenda said...

Hi Fliss,

Playing catch up after weeks of bad health and see I have missed all the excitement, so rather belatedly well done and congratulations on your very own floral stamps and very pretty they are as well.

Thanks for you kind words and visits and hopefully I will soon be 'properly' back into the crafty groove and Mr Mojo returns from his travels.

B x

Renee said...

Congrats! I'm such a fan of your work!! This is lovely.