Wednesday 4 April 2018

Going Around In Circles at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog

Hello everyone, I hope you all had a lovely Easter break and better weather than here as it was mostly cold, wet and windy with tons of rain on Sunday which actually caused puddles on our back lawn as there was too much water to drain away as usual. Something we hadn't had happen for years!
We have a new challenge today over at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog and for April, we're Going Round In Circles, a favourite theme of mine as I love circle shapes so my inspiration is a journal page with layer upon layer of circles.


You can probably see that my inspiration for this was the sun which on it's current rare appearances, makes me happy, happy, happy!

This is actually the first page in my new black journal which I thought would be a good challenge to see how paints and inks would go on that background.

I first swiped on multi surface paints with an old store card, using first yellow, then lime and lastly teal until the surface was roughly covered leaving bits of the black underneath on show.

I then took That's Crafty! Textures Collection Sets 1 and 2 and used the various circle stamps to make my background, starting with the lined circle image and Ranger Carribean Coast dye ink, following with the double circle image and Archival Cobalt ink. I then used the 2 circle background images with Archival Cactus Flower and Fern Green inks to add texture, stamping without an acrylic block.

I stamped the rather jolly sun from Melina's Nature's Faces Set 1 with black ink, adding the happy text underneath, stamping 3 times. I coloured in the sun image with alcohol markers, followed by some pastel pencil to make the image pop more.

I finished off with some doodling in and around the circles with a white and yellow pastel pencil. I sprayed the page with fixative to ensure the pastel stayed put too.

Hopefully you can enter and there are fab prizes on offer with a voucher for the online shop for the randomly drawn winner and stencils for the top 3 which the design team choose. How can you resist?!

Have a great week.
Fliss xx

5 comments:

Melina Dahl Minas kreativa said...

Beautiful page Fliss❣

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful journal page with that fresh, spring green. Sorry about all the rain! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A great start to your journal Fliss, isn't it amazing how colours change when painted on different coloured pages. Great use of everything circular and I do hope that sunshine shows it's face in the Midlands very soon.
Creative Hugs Tracey xx

Sue said...

What a gorgeous piece Fliss, so happy! Fingers crossed for a sunny weekend xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page and such great inspiration, the sun always make me happy too! I'm loving your layers of colourful circles - perfect 😁. Wishing you a wonderful week! J 😊