Friday 31 August 2018

News and That's Crafty!

Hello everyone, this is my first post in a couple of weeks as the beginning of last week I was struck down out of the blue by a very nasty stomach bug which took quite a few days to clear and managed to completely upset my digestive system making it sensitive to caffeine, dairy etc etc so I couldn't eat what I would call properly until yesterday. I was so relieved to finally be able to drink tea as I really missed having a cuppa plus for nearly 2 weeks I was completely exhausted and lacking energy.

Today is the first day I got out of bed not wanting to crawl in again so I think I'm finally on the mend thank goodness.

On top of this we've had family drama as I got an emergency summons from my in laws on Wednesday afternoon and arrived to find my father in law on the floor with my mother in law who is now sadly suffering from dementia, crying and hovering around him. My father in law tried to get up but couldn't and didn't want me to call for help but I called an ambulance very against his wishes and both he and my mother in law were eventually taken into hospital (some 4 hours later!). The paramedics were really lovely and said he had to be x rayed as when they got him up he couldn't stand. It turns out he has a fractured hip and has to have a scan today to find out how bad it is. We're hoping it isn't bad as he's now 93 years old and surgery at that age is tricky.

Anyway, enough of my woes and I need to let you know I have my usual Friday post over at That's Crafty! Blog today having missed last week due to being ill.






I'm sharing a trio of artist trading coins - the latest trend - with a fishy theme and if you'd like to see them all which are created with Magda's cute sea critters, please hop on over.

It will take me a while to catch up so I will see you as soon as I can.
Fliss xx

4 comments:

Dorthe said...

Dear Fliss, so lovely to see you here again.
What an awful long period of time, you have been sick, and still weak I guess. I hope very much for you, that soon with more food, you will be well again.
Also hoping your father in law will have a happy message, that he does not need surgery.
I look forward seeing your other coins , too- this one is a lovely happy fish, in the water scenario you created for her . Hugs from me Fliss- xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your trading coins! Glad to hear you are feeling better, sounds like that was a nasty bug! Hugs, Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh Fliss I've been and seen your awesome sweet trio...
First may I say how glad I am to hear you are now feeling better, sounds like a horror of a bug you were unfortunate to catch.
Sad to hear the news about your Father in Law, I hope they will be able to find a solution to helping him.
As you know I understand how you must be feeling, the responsibility of taking care of our ageing family can be such a worry.
Take Care dear Fliss Hugs Tracey xx

Sue said...

Your trio of critters are just perfect Fliss. I'm so glad that you're on the mend and I hope that your FIL doesn't need surgery. I'm very lucky as although my parents are getting older (obviously) they are still fit and well and they have each other. I hope next week is a hundred times better for you, Sue xx