Wednesday 5 September 2018

Forever Autumn Challenge

Hello! Hope you're all well at the moment and thanks so much for the kind comments on my last post. I'm still not quite 100% but I feel a lot better and just have to be careful what I eat so hopefully that will help.
My parents in law are both still in hospital for different reasons and we're still waiting on news of what is actually wrong with my father in law as they still haven't told us about the severity or not of his hip fracture.
Anyhow, enough of all that and on to my inspiration for our new challenge for September over at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog where our seasonal theme is Forever Autumn and I don't know about you but I have Justin Hayward singing that amazing song in my head!


I used one of the gorgeous shaped greyboard tags for my creation (they come in a pack of 30 in 5 different shapes with 6 of each and are incredible value) as you can throw all sorts of mixed media things at them and I did!

I first used the fern mini stencil with texture paste to add some detail to the background. Once it was dry, I went to town with some Flat Matte Sprays, using Basil, Orange and Saffron. I aimed for some complete cover and a splatter effect over the top and happily it worked!

I then spritzed on some Gold Lustre Spray for some shine and was quite surprised as it came out quite dark on the raised texture paste areas, looking almost black. Once it was dry, the amazing lustre was apparent. It doesn't show up very well in the photo but in real life it looks gorgeous.


As the background is quite strong, I had a bit of a dilemma with my leaf as I first stamped it on paper I coloured with copper, bronze and orange multi surface paints. Sadly it didn't have enough of a contrast to the background.

I solved my problem by stamping my leaf on some of the spray overflow paper as there were areas with quite a bit of orange. I brushed the leaf with 3D Gloss Gel when it was dry and glued it to the tag with silicone adhesive.

A Tim Holtz Clippings sticker coloured with a marker and some twine tied through the top finished off my tag.

There are some great prizes just for entering with a voucher for the online shop (with a stunning array of gorgeous goodies) and stencils for the Top 3 chosen by the Design Team.

It would be fab to see your lovely Autumn creations there.
Have a great day.
Fliss xx

8 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Wow, this is beautiful.

Valerie-Jael said...

Absolutely fabulous! Hugs, Valerie

Dorthe said...

Fliss, it is so very beautiful, I love the background you made, with the fern, and have myself used it in my last panel for Laura.
The leaf on top makes it a really gorgeous autumn creation, the colors are so perfect . Hugs, Dorthe, xxx

brenda said...

A stunning Autumnal creation Fliss and loving the textures in the background. Hope you continue to improve abd feel stronger.

B x

craftytrog said...

Love your beautiful Autumn tag Fliss! xxx

A Pink said...

Your tag is so lovely, Fliss. You incorporated some wonderful autumnal colour and created some great background texture with your fern leaves . The positioning of your focal leaf gives a sense movement - likes its falling to the ground just as they do during Autumn .

Thanks foryour kind comment on my blog and for the lovely warm welcome . :) x

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely autumn colours, and the fern texture is magical in the background.
Alison x

Sue said...

Your tag looks amazing Fliss. The background reminds me of a fossil, there's so much texture to it, and the leaf is perfect in these colours. I hope you're feeling a lot better now, and that you get some good new soon regarding your Father in Law. Have a great weekend, Sue xx