Friday 14 February 2020

That's Crafty! and Other News

Hello all, I hope you're well and have had a good week, definitely better than mine anyway as I had a rather traumatic experience on Wednesday afternoon as a man phoned up saying he was from the security section of my bank and that a large transaction was about to go through my bank account and had I originated the payment, which I had not!

Suffice to say it went on from there with him piling on more and more pressure in various ways but it wasn't until he tried to get me to transfer money from a savings account to my current account (to protect my compromised accounts of course!) that I realised there was something radically wrong with the phone call (the number of the caller being that on my debit card by the way) and left him hanging on about to send me a "security email to prove his identity" and phoned Andy.

Andy phoned the bank and was told it was definitely a scam. I can't tell you how stupid I felt letting it get as far as it did, even though I did realise it before it was too late. You hear stories of other people being taken in by these sort of scams and don't understand how that happens. I can tell you now having been on the receiving end of one of these calls just how plausible and convincing these people can sound. It's really shaken me up too!

On another note entirely, a much more cheerful one, I have my usual Friday post up over at That's Crafty! blog and I'm sharing one of my sample journal spreads for this week's One Day Special on Hochanda featuring some of the gorgeous new stamp designs from Lynne which I absolutely love.


Here's one half of the spread but you'll need to hop over to the blog to see all of it.

Have a great weekend and see you soon.
Fliss x

4 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry you were almost a victim of that scam, that's awful, must have been scary when you realised what was happening. These people are really bad. Beautiful crafting, lovely colours. Hugs, Valerie

Dorthe said...

I soo love this Fliss , such lovely tones, and beautiful mix , the tag/panel so gorgeous with the background you created in white and old pink . Hugs, Dorthe xxx

Sue said...

What a horrible experience Fliss, well done for sussing him out! Your journal spread is beautiful, these gentle colours are so soothing. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

aussie aNNie said...

Scammers, make me sick, always getting emails of scammers saying 'click here' I am not stupid but wish I could stop them...love your fabulous mix here xx