Friday 28 September 2018

Rhapsody in Blue

Hello everyone, I hope you've all had a better week than me as since I did my last post, as some of you that are friends on Facebook will know, we lost my lovely mother in law Jean last Sunday.

She seemed to be recovering but on Saturday we had a call to say she'd taken a turn for the worse and later on they called again to say that they couldn't do any more to help. Andy spent several hours with her and we were called at 5am on Sunday morning to say that she had passed away. Poor Andy had to go straight down to the hospital to sign forms and collect all her belongings as they wanted to clean her room. Rather heartless in my opinion but I suppose they see death all the time there.

My father in law is still in Brighton hospital recovering slowly from his hip replacement and a chest infection he picked up there. He has now been told about Jean and is coping as we all are so hopefully he will continue to recover as we want him back over in Worthing where it will be much easier to see him. Poor Andy has been visting every day after work in Lewes and doesn't get home before 8pm so it's a very long day for him.

I do have my usual post up over at That's Crafty! Blog today which is a card as I needed something quick and simple due to lack of time.


You'll find the whole photo over at the blog if you hop over as this is just a sneak peek. As you can see, I'm feeling rather blue this week.

Have a great weekend.
Fliss xx

6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry to hear about your MiL, hope you FiL is soon better. Hugs, Valerie

Joan said...

Sorry for your loss Fliss


Joan x

Dorthe said...

Dearest Fliss,
such a hard week for you all- and your husband especially.
I hope your father in law, will recover, and still have good years left, but so hard on him, to loose his wife, so unexpected, and him not on top at all .
I send you a hug , and hope your life will soon turn quiet again.
xxx
Oh love the sneek peak Fliss , :-)

brenda said...

I am so sorry to read your sad news Fliss and I can totally identify with what you husband had to do. My Dad died two days before Christmas and we received a call Christmas Eve asking us to clear his room as it was needed.

Your card is lovely and those spray inks looks very interesting. Also love the Oscar Wilde quite.

B x

Words and Pictures said...

So sad to hear what you've been going through - both you and Andy must both be worn out mentally and emotionally.

I'm sure, though time was short, that a little creativity will have done you good as a brief escape - and from the sneak peek, it looks lovely.
Alison x

Sue said...

I'm so sorry about your MIL Fliss, and I hope your FIL manages to get back closer to home soon. Your card is lovely, I love your overspray background. Take care, Sue xx